Subject: Re: VAX 3540
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2002 21:50:41
On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:49:37PM -0400, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I picked up a VAX 3540 and a VAX 3000 last weekend. The 3540 runs VMS just
> fine so the hardware is probably OK. I didn't get the CRT so I am using a
> VT420 for a console.
>
> It will MOP download the MOPBOOT.SYS but then dies. It will flash the light
> on the CDROM but then dies. Both tries were with 1.5CZ. I guess that means
> that it is not supported yet?

unfortunately the 3540 is still unsupported by NetBSD.  is a real shame, i'd
go out of my way to get the 16-plane upgrade board if i could get NetBSD and
X on this beasty.  guess i'm stuck in VMS land until then (not a terrible thing
mind you)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --