Subject: Re: Vax 4000/90
To: joseph p bennardo <fordluvr@juno.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2002 22:21:26
On 2002.04.30 00:59 joseph p bennardo wrote:

> I'm not even sure if the darn computer even works.
There is a flap on the front. Under it you will find "S3". Flip it to
switch to serial console... And there are 8 LEDs. Do they blink on PWR
up? Take in minde that the POST will take a _looong_ time if you have a
lot of RAM (=128MB). There shuld be a sound test at the end of the POST.

> A video card from a 4000/60 will just plug in...no?
It will plug in, but it will not work. The video option is the only
thing from the /60 that will not run in the /90.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen