Subject: Re: Vax 4000/200 Tech Questions
To: Dave McGuire <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2002 17:52:15
Hi !

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >      Where could you buy a notched cable? What would you expect to pay?
>   I have no idea; I've always had a few lying around so I've never had
> to buy them.  There was a thread on the classiccmp mailing list a few
> months ago in which someone mentioned they'd found them cheaply; you
> might wanna dig through the archives or perhaps ask on the list.

In Germany, you get them in usual electronics shops, if you mean this:

In other countries, you may get them at your favourite dealer of this kind. How
is this "standard shop" called in the states? Radio Shack? However, i see this
sometimes in several different catalogues in Germany, so it is quite common.
Usually used for heaters and stuff, so the name "Heissgeraetestecker" ("Hot
devices connector" :) I think they are used for power consumption of more than
10 Amperes.

More difficult to get are the high-power connectors of the Dolphin Triton,
which looks a bit similar to above, but the "pins" are turned 90 degrees and
look a bit larger. I recently found out Cisco having such cables. But i only
have one machine (Dolphin Triton) using such a beast of power connector :)


--    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX