Subject: Re: Pdp-11 Revisited
To: None <fordluvr@juno.com>
From: Eric Smith <eric@brouhaha.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/27/2002 17:28:49
> I was able to convince the company who has 10 PDP-11 to donate one of
> the PDP 11/45 computers to the museum in Rhode Island (??) that was
> mentioned on the list.
[...]
> And what about the other PDP 11s? They will probably be destroyed.

That's great!  Is there any reason why they aren't willing to donate ALL
of the 11s to the museum?  Don't they *like* getting more of a writeoff?

Then the musuem could sell off the ones they don't need, just as other
charities accept donations of automobiles and sell or auction them.
That way the museum gets more machines for their collection, AND some
additional revenue.

It seems like it would be a win/win situation for everyone.