Subject: VT420 and VAXstation 4000/90
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <henry.bent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/27/2002 20:13:26
Hi all,

My trek for the 4000/200 was a success - I'll probably have some questions
about it in a few days once I get it up and running :-)

For now my question lies with a VT420 connected to a VAXstation 4000/90.  I
have not yet had an opportunity to get NetBSD on this machine due to my lack
of soldering prowess and lack of MMJ->DB25 cable.  When I got the machine it
had been taken out of service running VMS 5.5.  It has an LCSPX graphics card,
and if you connect a monitor it displays all the normal diags and you can get
to the PROM console.

Today I connected a VT420 to it in what I thought was the correct manner -
with a real DECconnect MMJ cable from the /90 to the VT420, S3 switched to up,
9600 8N1 on the terminal.  Nothing ever appears on the screen.  If I enable
modem control on the VT420, it will display "WAIT" indefinitely.  The terminal
is not HOLDing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?  Do I need to
take out the framebuffer to use the console, like in a DECstation?

--
Henry Bent                       henry.bent@oberlin.edu
Want the Stars Productions       http://www.wtsp.org