Subject: Re: uVAX-II doesn't work without RQDX???
To: Chuck Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/2002 22:25:22
O.K. as luck has it, mine is the bad harness. So, tomorrow I
should call 1-800-DIGITAL just for fun (I should have done it
today but didn't find the time for this fun.)

I did take out the harness and it looks as if I could
retro-fit it myself. One can snap out the contacts and then
replace cables. However, it is 18 cables which amounts to
a major project. So, can you give me more detail about
which cables went off in flames?

Apparently we have 6 red wires and 8 black ones. So the
red wires are the minority and hence each carries higher
current and would get warmer.

What I would probably do is use thicker red wires. I don't
really understand why the shorter length should be a problem
in itself. I don't even trust each wire actually carrying
current because of the way the concats are simply crimped
over the insulation.

thanks,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine