Subject: RE: VaxStation 3100 m38
To: Luke Brennan <lukeb@microsoft.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2002 19:20:14
On April 16, Luke Brennan wrote:
> Urm.. After 20 years lightly fiddling with everything from RSTS/E to MUNGI, could I ask why Linux is so flawed?
> Not wanting a war, just some points where it doesn't measure-up compared to *BSD's ?
> I want/intend my uVAX to have VMS, NetBSD and yes, Linux if it boots - just so that it can.

  Internally, the code is a horrid mess...inconsistent interfaces,
dangerous shortcuts, violations of abstraction layers, stuff is just
"thrown together"..."reckless" would be a good descriptive term.
Kinda like Windows but at least Linux works most of the time.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill