Subject: Re: VaxStation 3100 m38
To: Erik Smit <zoiah@zoiah.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2002 20:19:42
On 2002.04.15 12:39 Erik Smit wrote:

\begin{just an other BSD <=> Linux war}
> > Why on Earth would you want to run Linux on a VAX?
> Most likely for the same reason I installed NetBSD, fun/learning. :)
1. I doubt that you can learn anything good from Linux.
2. Please do not insult this precious hardwape with that PeeCeeish Linux
thing.
If you want to learn Linux specific things get a PeeCee.
If you want to learn somthing about Unix in general stay with NetBSD. I
call NetBSD my personal Unix reference implementation. It is simple,
pure, well designed, consistent and orthogonal.
Yes, I don't like Linux (and the distributions on top of it). ;-)
\end{just an other BSD <=> Linux war}
--

tschüß,
         Jochen