Subject: Re: VaxStation 3100 m38
To: Erik Smit <zoiah@zoiah.net>
From: Joel Sutton <jsutton@users.sourceforge.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2002 20:45:26
Erik Smit wrote:

>I'd just like to say that I've just installed NetBSD 1.5.2 succesfully
>on a DEC VaxStation 3100 m38.

I've finally gotten my VaxStation 3100 out also (it was given to me ages
ago) and have installed 1.5.2 without a hiccup.

>I was having a few problems at first with doing the install over NFS but
>once I switched to FTP everything went smoothly and the old beast is now
>happily humming (damn, those RZ26B-E drives make a load of noise) away
>with NetBSD instead of crummy old OpenVMS. :)

I was lucky enough to have acquired a machine with a CD-ROM drive so I
made a CD-R out of the ISO image I downloaded and it booted first go. I
was definitely impressed. You guys on port-vax have done a great job -
thanks.

The next trick is to get my DAT drive working, with the idea of the vax
acting as my backup server.

Do you have plans for your VaxStation Erik?

Cheers, Joel...