Subject: Re: OT: Quasijarus distribution?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/05/2002 12:09:35
ah that is right, i had forgotten.. i encountered the same problem with the
tahoe binaries.. i started with reno, and then did indeed use the Q tarball=
after i had a reno system, and then recompiled the tahoe world once=20
booted into the very confused system that booted a reno kernel from=20
ultrix boot blocks with the Q binaries in userland and the tahoe and Q=20
sources. it all got started with an ultrix boot tape, but unfortunately,
the ultrix disklabels are not compatible so i had to with a (sort of broken
due to flaky tk50 drive) netbsd 1.2 boot tape write a disklabel..=20
this was all on a uvII. once all the pieces were in the right place it
booted right up and ran fine. it's very fast on the old iron.
funny, now im not having nearly as easy go at getting reno to boot on the
4000/600.. (note that i had to copy init into /sbin , maybe a couple=20
other things, for the reno kernel to bring the system up.. :)

happy hacking,
isildur