Subject: Re: OT: Quasijarus distribution?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@argonath.vaxpower.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/05/2002 09:11:21
On 2002.04.05 01:13 Lord Isildur wrote:

> it is pretty easy. with netbsd, just make some filesystems and
> populate them from the 4.3 images in the pups archives. install
> the right boot blocks and give it a shot.
Ahhhm. I had the same idea to get -Tahoe on my VAX. But when I extracted
vmunix from rootdump.gz I noticed that the binaries are for the Tahoe
machine, not VAX. Also: usr.tar and src.tar are both cut short.
Plain 4.3 is pure VAX but dosn't know about disklabels on the disk, so
this may be hard to get on an disk, that the kernel doesn't know.
So I asume you mean Q. with "4.3 images"?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen