Subject: Re: OT: Quasijarus distribution?
To: Gordon Zaft <zaft@azstarnet.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/04/2002 18:13:35
The quasijarus is just 4.3tahoe. i am running 4.3t on a microvax III as well
as a vax 4000/600. the III is online at cmuccvax.vaxpower.org, if you want
to play around on the machine. the 4600, while up and running, is at home and
not on the net. i wrote the ka690 support for it, as well as some other
small bits of necessary support (i copied a routine from ultrix that
dealt with the weirdness on nvaxes and later fast vaxes that comes from
interrupts and halts and stuff being done in software, and also has to
write emulation for a missing fp instruction since the nvax follows the
revised VARM and the old bsd code assumes ahderence to the original vax
spec)
so just grab the pups archive and install 4.3t. the quasijarus is the same
thing, though he did clean up some of the sources with respect to the
mckusick sccs archive and also i think did make tmscp booting possible on a
tk50, which is a plus on a microvax. i moved to 4.3 on my vaxen with the help
of ultrix and netbsd already running on them, though, so i just made
bootable hard disks and switched 'em over to the other microvax.
it is pretty easy. with netbsd, just make some filesystems and populate
them from the 4.3 images in the pups archives. install the right
boot blocks and give it a shot.

happy hacking,
isildur