Subject: Re: Off Topic? PDP 11 1134/1145's
To: joseph p bennardo <fordluvr@juno.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2002 22:28:45
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 08:46:25PM -0800, joseph p bennardo wrote:

> >> i don't think any of us expects you to give it away for free, we're
> > just saying it would be nice if you could. :)
>
> I'm not sure everybody shares that sentiment.

no, probably not.  but of the people on this list?  it's probably something
like 95% saturation of people who do feel that way.  otherwise we wouldn't
be trying to get NetBSD on VAXen. :)

> > understand just how deeply our sickness runs.
> Actually I do. But it's for cars, not computers.

ok, then you probably do. :)

> Well, I'm mostly driven my the almighty dollar, but it's nice if they
> went to a good home as well. I'd sell what I can get on e-bay only if
> nobody was willing to pay what they are worth.

there is nothing wrong with the dollar being your motivation, and i'm sure
you will find buyers without having to resort to ebay.

> I can't say why they want them destroyed, but if you knew the company
> you'd understnad a bit better.

i probably still wouldn't understand.  there is no good reason that i know of.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)