Subject: Re: Off Topic? PDP 11 1134/1145's
To: joseph p bennardo <fordluvr@juno.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2002 22:13:30
On 2002.04.02 21:51 joseph p bennardo wrote:

> What should I take?
Take everything what you can get. At least to foreward it to people that
really want this stuff, if you are not interrested. If you have problems
finding such people ask on the classiccmp and PUPS mailing lists. See
http://www.classiccmp.org/  http://minnie.tuhs.org/PUPS/ I am sure you
will have no problem to get rid of this stuff.

If you decide to keep the machines your own, I promise you you will have
a _lot_ of fun getting them to work and you will learn much. Not to
mention the raise of your geek factor. You may ask Mr. Schadow about his
experience in the process to get his VAX 6000 to run UNIX.

> Are we talking real world value here or just "We don't want to
> see them hit with a sledge hammer"?
I think the later. These are old and historic valuable machines. The
11/45 is a real blinkenlights machine with core memory. The thoungt to
own such a beast makes me [insert your preferred word for sexual
excitement here]. It will be a shame if this machines go down the drain.

On the other side: As there are more people out there with this strange
sexual preferrences like me ( ;-) ), you will be able to get some $$.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen