Subject: Re: SA600's FOR FREE!!!!
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2002 13:49:27
der Mouse wrote:

>>We're cleaning up the basement, and in that process there are a bunch
>>(5-6) of SA600 cabinets that must be thrown away. So, if someone
>>wants to get them, tell me, otherwise it will go to the dumpster.
>>

>>No, I do not pay shipping :-)
>>

> Aw, man, I so hate to see working hardware thrown out.

That begs the question who in Sweden or rest of continental
Europe wants to go visit Ragge by truck :-) I can testify
that one SA600 is heavy like hell (more than a VAX 6000) but
its manageable with two people and a liftgate truck.

I *love* RA90 drives, they are manageable and yet impressive
bricks of old hardware. Some do go bad after a while just
sitting in storage, but with a little bit of gentle excercise
in warm temperature, many of them can be revived. Don't
throw them into the dumpster if at all possible!

The 220V is no big problem. I was surprized to see that *all*
of my RA90s and RA92 were manufactured in Germany, so they
are used to being shipped overseas. But it is a lot of money.
They show up in continental US too.

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine