Subject: Re: SA600's FOR FREE!!!!
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2002 19:21:12

> Lule?, heh.  Wish I'd known that some years back; I and someone else
> visited Sweden, and we flew into Lule? (it was actually some folks
> in/near Pite? we were visiting).

Wow, you were quite close here then :-) The airport is only about a
(swedish) mile from where I live (==10km).

> Out of curiosity, is European 220V power a single live line that's 220V
> to an earthed "neutral", or is is just like North America except that
> mains outlets routinely have both live lines instead of one live line
> and one neutral?

We use 3-phase power here. All phases are 220V to neutral, but between
them there are 380V. So, in the wall there are 220V, but for things like
stoves, washing machines, saunas etc... there are 380V.

Actually, I think it's 230/410 these days, they changed it some 15 years ago.

-- Ragge