Subject: HELP! RA81 power sequencing jumper, where the heck is that?
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2002 01:30:10
Hi, while I'm still waiting for the GCC compilation on the VAX
6460 (the include file fixup procedure was always lengthy, but
with 2.93 whatever is slow as hell. It's running for several
hours now and still not done -- worse, if I restart make it
will do it *all* over again!)

Anyway, in those idle moments I was trying to get my RA81
up and running. It's all installed but won't spin up unless
in diagnostic monitor mode. I think I know exactly what's
wrong, but not how to fix it: in normal operation mode,
pressing RUN/STOP in causes error status 05, which means
it's still waiting for the power seqencing signal. The
maintenance manual that's up on DECUS says that I ought to
check the "power sequencing jumper" settings. But where that
is it doesn't say. May need the user manual, but that's not
scanned, or is it?

Whatever. Who can tell me where this power sequencing jumper
is so that I can set it to being the first to spin up?

I just love the noise of spinning motors, and the RA81 would
be just the thing.

BTW: the TU81PLUS is a real beauty. It's so much fun to
write a filesystem dump to it, watch the reels spin and
smoothly write the dump to tape. It is streaming the
whole time. Very slick. You gotta see this.

-Gunther