Subject: RE: 386/BSD should be on TUHS.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Norbert Koch <NKoch@gmx.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2002 21:45:03

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C1D121.A85A9840

Hello,

I just had a look at my old CDs and found
one from '93 named "*nix highlights" published
by GUUG.
It contains 386BSD 0.1 (Terry Lamberts readme
dates from 9-Aug-92). I also found a NetBSD and
a Linux.
If that is what you are looking for I could send
you a copy.
See the enclosed readme file from the CD.

Norbert

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D README.1ST =
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=0A=
=0A=
This CDROM contains the following software:=0A=
=0A=
- Linux SLS V1.03, Kernel 0.99.11 and utilities for Linux=0A=
- 386BSD version 0.1 including patch-kit 0.2.4=0A=
- NetBSD version 0.8=0A=
- Utilities for 386BSD and NetBSD=0A=
- The Berkely Second Networking Distribution=0A=
- GNU software (gcc 2.4.5, emacs 19.17, gmake 3.68, etc)=0A=
- X11R5 up to patch 25 and lots of Contributed Software=0A=
- TeX version 3.14=0A=
- The Internet RFCs up to RFC1493=0A=
- News, mail and mailbox software and many utilities for Unix=0A=
=0A=
There are gzip binaries for several architectures and operating systems=0A=
in the directory 'packer'. You can copy one of these programs to your=0A=
harddisk to execute it:=0A=
=0A=
cp packer/gzip.sco /usr/local/bin/gzip=0A=
chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/gzip=0A=
=0A=
The file list.com allows you to view text files in an MSDOS environment.=0A=
=0A=
Several archives on this CDROM are split into smaller files. To get the=0A=
file listing of such an archive, simply execute the command:=0A=
=0A=
                cat archive.* | gunzip | tar -tvf - >filelist=0A=
=0A=
To extract a single file execute the command:=0A=
=0A=
                cat archive.* | gunzip | tar -xvf - directory/filename=0A=
=0A=
----------------------------------------------------------------------=0A=
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL=0A=
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL=0A=
WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR=0A=
ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,=0A=
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION,=0A=
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS=0A=
SOFTWARE.=0A=
----------------------------------------------------------------------=0A=
=0A=
Some of the programs on this disk are shareware. You are free to try=0A=
each program for a limited amount of time. If you are satisfied, and=0A=
want to continue to use the program, you are required to register the=0A=
program by sending a specified amount of money directly to the author=0A=
of the program. In many cases the author will send you the most up to=0A=
date version of the program and a printed manual.  Please check the=0A=
individual files for specific information.=0A=
=0A=
Please take a look into the individual programs for additional copyright=0A=
notices.=0A=
=0A=
The GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE can be found in directory gnu as=0A=
file copying.txt=0A=
=0A=
CDROM Versand Helga Seyb=0A=
Fuchsweg 86=0A=