Subject: Re: Configuring ULTRIX 4.x kernel (was: Re: VAX 6400 booting saga: SUCCESS!)
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/18/2002 16:11:13
Peter Svensson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gunther Schadow wrote:
>

>>Well, yes except that it's binary only, which doesn't just work
>>as expected. But I found out, /etc/doconfig is an interactive
>>script that does all the magic for you. I hate to do this interactively,
>>but at least it got me going. And it's a script, so it can be
>>seen what it does (among others ln -s ing the BINARY/*.o files to
>>MYKERNEL/.)
>>

> Hm, I dont think that is right. All you have to do is to copy or create a
> configuration file in /usr/sys/conf/vax and then run "./config" on that
> file. This should set everything up for you. Doconfig is a way to create a
> resonable kernel for your hardware.

Of course that was the first thing that I tried, but it didn't work
when I first tried it. So, may be my installation was screwed up.
I'll try it again sometime, because obviously that is the preferred
method.

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine