Subject: Re: Using a PC monitor in place of DEC monochrome one
To: <>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2002 18:14:30
Chris Wareham wrote:
> Carlini, Antonio wrote:
>
> It looks like I'll be getting a monochrome monitor from
> a company nearby - it's a little unclear at the moment,
> but it may even be a proper DEC one. So it looks like
> I might be able to take a look at the monochrome X server
> code fairly soon ... that's if I can finally get some
> output from my VS3100's graphic port.

Hmm. Turns out the monitor is some old PC thing which expects
to be connected to a Hercules type of connector. As far as I
can tell, that means a 9 pin D plug with separate pins for
intensity, video, h-sync and v-sync. I guess I can't connect
that to the VS3100 as its framebuffer only outputs a combined
video and sync signal ...

Looks like I'll have to try and find a colour, sync on green
monitor with BNC connnectors.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)