Subject: Re: Using a PC monitor in place of DEC monochrome one
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/2002 13:36:56
Carlini, Antonio wrote:
>>As a result, I am wondering if I can use a standard PC
>>monitor to view the output of the builtin framebuffer.
>>I recall seeing some notes on how to get a monochrome
>>PC monitor to do this, but nothing on colour monitors.
>>

> You can replace a colour DEC monitor
> with almost any modern multisynch
> monitor that can accept sync-on-green
> (and has the appropriate BNC inputs).
>
> I have used an Iiyama 17" (Vision Master Pro??)
> that works quite well. I'm currently using a
> PCXAV-WZ in the office with a VS4K.
>
> As for monochrome, it *might* work if you just
> plug the B&W signal straight into the
> green BNC connector.

It looks like I'll be getting a monochrome monitor from
a company nearby - it's a little unclear at the moment,
but it may even be a proper DEC one. So it looks like
I might be able to take a look at the monochrome X server
code fairly soon ... that's if I can finally get some
output from my VS3100's graphic port.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)