Subject: Using a PC monitor in place of DEC monochrome one
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/2002 11:56:11
I spent a fruitless night trying to view the output
from my VS3100's monochrome framebuffer, as I think that
my DEC monitor is broken. It did spend three months in
its previous owners garage, as well as enduring a van
journey where I don't think it was safely secured.

As a result, I am wondering if I can use a standard PC
monitor to view the output of the builtin framebuffer.
I recall seeing some notes on how to get a monochrome
PC monitor to do this, but nothing on colour monitors.

Failing that, if anyone in the UK has a spare DEC
monitor, I'd be most interested in acquiring it from
them.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)