Subject: Re: VS4k90 PROM damage / Re: boot errors on VS4000
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/2002 10:13:12
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Chuck McManis wrote:

> This and the fact that there is no supported frame buffers for X actually
> makes the "reality" that no VAX platform is fully supported by NetBSD. Yes,
> its unfortunate.

Huh? I didn't follow that piece. Why isn't my 8650 fully supported? There
is no frambuffer, and there is no prom to damage on that machine.
Okay, admittedly NetBSD don't support CI either, which would be nice on
that machine, but then again, there exist a large bunch of other I/O
options not supported either...
Do we have to support *all* existing I/O options to say that we have full
support for a machine?

	Johnny