Subject: Re: Vax 4000/700
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/2002 02:49:26
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:26:05PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I bought a 4000/700a about a year ago for $1000.  It came with a
> rack full of disks in StorageWorks cans and a half dozen HSD
> controllers, and two DLT drives.  I considered it a VERY good deal.

it was a great deal then, and it's still a great deal to this day.  that's a
SWANK setup.  although i really need to stop down and pick up my 4000/600 since
i can't WAIT to get that thing running. :)

although as cool as that thing is, it's the pair of vax 6000 machines that i
really need to get running.  with one of them HSC95 boxes serving up disks.
hell yeah.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)