Subject: Re: BTW, the VAX-7000 doesn't run any UNIX, Isildur
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@argonath.vaxpower.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2002 18:37:13
>>I'd be open to buying and storing it, but I currently don't have the
>>means to run it due to being on the other side of the country from the
>>location where I'd be able to store it.  It's a beauty of a system, so I
>>hope it doesn't go to the resellers.  The suggestion the seller makes of
>>turning it into a keg cooler is not a pleasant one.  If no one else is
>>set on having it here, I'd be willing to provide a safe home for it.
>>

> youre probably better funded than i am.. if you want it, bid 200.01,
> it'll be yours :)

Folks, this makes no sense, you are being too polite :-). Isildur
has the means and the space and there are few people better prepared
to actually getting it to run. 3-phase is usually a minor issue.
Besides this thing is in PA and so it can stay there. Isildur didn't
ask for anyone bidding $200.01 just for fun. Let's try backing it
up if necessary against resellers, but I don't think a reseller would
go that high unless he's in the neighborhood.

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine