Subject: Re: BTW, the VAX-7000 doesn't run any UNIX, Isildur
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2002 14:54:02
wrt the 3phase, reading my 1993 alpha systems handbook, it says that
the dec7000 could be configured with three power regulators, wach of which
ran on one phase of the 3phase, which could tolerate the failure of one
of the phases... meaning it shoudl work on normal US 220v..

isildur

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Brian Chase wrote:
> I'd be open to buying and storing it, but I currently don't have the
> means to run it due to being on the other side of the country from the
> location where I'd be able to store it.  It's a beauty of a system, so I
> hope it doesn't go to the resellers.  The suggestion the seller makes of
> turning it into a keg cooler is not a pleasant one.  If no one else is
> set on having it here, I'd be willing to provide a safe home for it.

youre probably better funded than i am.. if you want it, bid 200.01,
it'll be yours :)

isildur