Subject: Re: MV3400 + KFQSA
To: Michael Schneider <ms@silke.rt.schwaben.de>
From: Roland E. Lipovits <rel@lipo.at0.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/28/2002 00:12:10
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:18:51PM +0100, Michael Schneider wrote:
> > Have you connected your drives as Chuck told me (KA640-DRIVES-KFQSA)
> > or taken the onboard DSSS-connector and plugged it into the KFQSA
> > as I tried yesterday?
>
> "Chuck-Style".
> I never tried running a KFQSA diskless...

The KFQSA wasn't diskless, the KA640-onboard-controller was diskless.

> > Where can I see what hw-rev. my KA640 is and what are the two
> > revsions you have tried? I too have two KA640s here, so perhaps
> > I could avoid trouble if I take the right one from the beginning.
>
> The working CPU board has a sticker

Nice. Mine haven't. :(

BTW: Does anybody know what the jumpers W1-W3 (near the DSSI & panel
connectors) are? One KA640 has all 3 closed, the other has W1 open.

> 	188E7		189E7

My EPROMS have labels with only two lines of text but these
two strings are on both sets.

> > there was nothing for a long time and then some errormessage.
> > And the logs of my box running the mopd showed no request.
>
> Hmmmm, and you are using on-board ethernet?

Yes.

Lipo

--
"They that can give up essential liberty   |   Roland E. Lipovits
 to obtain a little temporary safety       |   Vienna, Austria