Subject: Re: Michael Sokolov Cooking: The Ultimate VAX
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/2002 10:43:26
clocks are even more irrelevant than usual in a VAX: the 8650 running at
72 MHz is about 5 times slower than an NVAX running at 88 MHz, for
example.. though i agree that 500 MHz is a nicer number. We have generic
processors at these speeds available cheap today. put several of them to work
as micromachines.