Subject: Re: MV3400 + KFQSA
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Roland E. Lipovits <rel@lipo.at0.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/2002 14:38:51
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 04:13:55PM -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:
> Well the simplest thing is to connect the KFQSA to the expansion port. Then
> you've got a "loop"
> KFQSA -- DRIVE -- KA640

Ok, so I'll have to find a panel for my KFQSA and an DSSI-cable to try
this way.

The other way would be to build a cable from the KFQSA-onboard
connector to the expansion port. Could anybody help on how to
wire this cable?

> A more likely problem however is that the switch on the cab kit that
> selects the AUI/Thinnet connector is dirty. Take apart the bulkhead, spray
> some contact cleaner in there, work the switch a few times, reassemble and
> test.

After removing the KFQSA netbooting worked well again.

Regards,
Lipo

--
"They that can give up essential liberty   |   Roland E. Lipovits
 to obtain a little temporary safety       |   Vienna, Austria