Subject: Re: DSSI support (was: Re: Looking for a snapshot of -current)
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/25/2002 21:19:12
On 2002.02.25 17:35 Chuck McManis wrote:

> As for the status, I have managed to get the SII chip configured into
> the system. Using a hack I verified that MSCP is the protocol used
> over the DSSI bus. The next step is to write the bus configurator
> that runs when dssi<n> bus exists to find out what drives and/or
> systems are out there.
May I have this code?

> The SHAC is a bit more complicated than the SII.
That is good. The more complex, the bigger the challenge. ;-)
The simple fact that I want to do the SHAC side is that I don't have a
KA640. I have "only" KA6[678]0 based DSSI machines and RF7[12] disks.

> Its frustrating when you run into bogus newbie problems but everyone
> here is very supportive.
I am aware of both facts. ;-)

> >And the usual question: Manuals? DSSI? SHAC? MSCP?
> DSSI is described a bit in various CPU -TM's like the KA640 and KA660.
> MSCP is described in the UDA50 programmers manual and SHAC in the
> KA660 manual.
Do you have this manuals and a scanner with automatic sheet feeder? :-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen