Subject: DSSI support (was: Re: Looking for a snapshot of -current)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/25/2002 13:01:58
On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:59:43AM -0800, Carlini, Antonio wrote:

> >That is a pile of VAX! When Fred
> >described it I was pretty amazed.
> It certainly looks impressive.
Yes. I am jealous. What is that box in the middle? It does not look
like a BA440.

> >The 4000/300 may have a third chip but I
> >don't have the KA670 manual handy.
> I have the manuals at home but I'm pretty
> sure you are correct ... all the VAX 4000
> series use SHACs.
I can dim remember somthing like "SHAC at ibus... not configured"
when I last booted my MV4000/[234]00 machines.

Speaking of DSSI support: I know that someone was working on this
and that his work based on the SII because he has only a MV3400.
How far is this? I am willing to donate some time to the SHAC side,
when my RX01/02 driver and the corresponding "NetBSD device driver
writing HOWTO" is finished. (The finish will be soon.)

And the usual question: Manuals? DSSI? SHAC? MSCP?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen