Subject: Re: VAX ELF kernels -- working?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2002 20:11:42
On 2002.02.22 13:50 Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > What was the problem on the VAX6k? Missing XMI doc?
> Partly, but the main problem is missing time to work with it...
Time, as usual. I know this problem... Yesterday evening I was happy to
have time to work on the RX01/02 driver. As this is mostly done, I am
looking for new kernel hacking challenges. Maybe wscons for QDSS / GPX?
Maybe reactivating the PREP port with one of the RS6k 43P?

> > What machine was it that you run NetBSD-vax in a SMP config? A 82xx?
> Yep, a 3 CPU VAX8350.
Nice. Unfortunately I only own MicroVAXen. :-(
(OK. A MV 3900 in a "big boy" 19" rack with 9 track tape, 9" SMD disks,
... is not quite "micro", but it is still a QBus machine.)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen