Subject: Re: VAX ELF kernels -- working?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2002 09:22:05
On 2002.02.22 03:30 Jason R Thorpe wrote:

>  > so VAX ELF is not self-hosting yet?
> It may be now -- we've been cross-building while shaking out the
> toolchain
> bugs, and it's certainly a lot faster then doing it natively.
Hmm. I see. You are not a real VAX geek:
http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/vaxgeektop10.html
TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A VAX GEEK
9. When talking about building software you make reference to
   compilation times in weeks and days instead of minutes and seconds.

May it be possible to make one of this buils available as a snapshot?
I am running a 1.5X kernel on my VS4k90 with 1.5 userland and that is
suffering from various bugs. (Kernel crashes on high FS IO, rbootd does
not work, tcpdump dumps not IP packets, but its own core, ...)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen