Subject: Re: uVAX-II boots via network, yea!
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/20/2002 19:56:21
At 11:58 PM 2/19/02 -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:
>I did notice that none of the KFQSA stuff was detected. Is that
>just the generic kernel not supporting it or is there no support
>for DSSI things in NetBSD quite yet? I guess my next step is to
>get a TK50 or TQK70 and then I can finally write my ULTRIX 4.5
>boottape for the VAX 6000-460. Yea!

Which do you need the tape drive or the interface card? I can mail you a
TQK70 (the interface card, or a TQK50 for that matter).

The KFQSA won't appear unless it is both configured to look for disk drives
and to report them as the first MSCP device. You might try the experiment
of shoving a RQDX3 in there and then seeing if the KFQSA shows up as the
second controller.

Anyway, even if it is configured, it won't actually assert that it exists
to the Qbus unless a drive shows up on the cable that it can talk to.

--Chuck