Subject: Re: uVAX-II boots via network, yea!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/20/2002 10:17:02
On 2002.02.20 05:58 Gunther Schadow wrote:

> I did notice that none of the KFQSA stuff was detected. Is that
> just the generic kernel not supporting it or is there no support
> for DSSI things in NetBSD quite yet?
The KFQSA is supported, as it emulates a generic MSCP disk controller.
You have to configure the KFQSA first to the primary MSCP disk CSR. (See
kernel config file.) Sorry, I don't know how to do this on a KA630. I
have done it via the PROM commands on KA65[05], that are not available
on the KA630.

> I guess my next step is to
> get a TK50 or TQK70 and then I can finally write my ULTRIX 4.5
> boottape for the VAX 6000-460. Yea!
Note that you can use a TK50 drive on a TQK50 and TQK70 controller
(TQK70 is better) but no TK70 on a TQK50. Clean the heads of the
drive...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen