Subject: uVAX-II boots via network, yea!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/2002 23:58:51
Hi

this may be boring to you, but it's my first VAX successfully
booting any kind of UNIX: I booted the uVAX-II using the chain
of MOP, BOOTP, and NFS. Also it's the first time I boot NetBSD
at all (which doesn't feel strange at all.) The INSTALL
documentation is excellent, together with the mopd documentation
it was easy to do.

I did notice that none of the KFQSA stuff was detected. Is that
just the generic kernel not supporting it or is there no support
for DSSI things in NetBSD quite yet? I guess my next step is to
get a TK50 or TQK70 and then I can finally write my ULTRIX 4.5
boottape for the VAX 6000-460. Yea!

thanks for all the good work,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine