Subject: Re: VXT 2000
To: Reinoud Zandijk <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/2002 21:25:20
Nope...but it wants to.... <grin>

From what I gather it is a Decstation 4000/60 with modifications.

DEC was sure to a make it's boot image incompatable with the Vax...i.e. if you MOP down
the NetBSD boot loader, nothing happens...I know, I've tried it.  On the flip, a VXT 2000
boot image will not work on a 4000/60 either.

it has a terminal mode, just move the little jumper toward the back and hookup a NULL
serial line to the RS-232 port and it looks just like any old Vaxstation console!

I have a feeling, getting it working would be very easy for the Vax masters here...

Speaking of which, I need to get with you William and hook you up with a VXT 2000...

jam