Subject: Re: Keyboard input ignored by NetBSD
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/14/2002 18:04:49
--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy

hi,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:49:04AM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
> It came with two 110Mb hard disks, so I'll be on the lookout for a
> couple of 1Gb replacements.

i am using an IBM 4.3GB drive without any problems as boot device.
(it's maybe a waste of resources but this was the smallest available
drive i have at that time)

> Apart from that, NetBSD/vax seems very rock solid.  I'm amazed at how
> well it performs on what is quite old hardware, which I guess is a
> reflection of the quality of DEC kit, and the close ties between BSD
> Unix and the Vax.

although i have OpenBSD for test there atm, i can only agree ;)

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --