Subject: Re: Keyboard input ignored by NetBSD
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/14/2002 11:10:33
this is not NetBSD's fault, but probably due to a long
serial cable, or bad contacts somewhere, or the dz being a pretty
braindead serial interface and somehting not keeping up. are you running
the console at some speed other than 9600?
if youre running it at 19200, and if the dz in the vs3100 is like the dz
in the ds3100, then it doesnt actually do 19200, but 19800 or something,
it isnt a clean division of the clock, from the crystal they chose. this
would only be an issue at 19.2, though.

in general, check the cables and connectors. i have some vt's that cant seem
to keep up very well at speeds past 9600, so it just might be unfixable, too.

isildur