Subject: Re: Keyboard input ignored by NetBSD
To: Bamdad Ehterami <bamdad@sharif.edu>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/12/2002 18:38:08
--5G06lTa6Jq83wMTw

hi chris,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Chris Wareham wrote:
> With the assistance of another subscriber to this list,
> I now have NetBSD installed on a MicroVax 3100/80. At
> the PROM prompt I can quite happily type in commands
> using either a VT320 or VT420 terminal. Once NetBSD has
> booted however, I cannot type anything in at the login
> prompt.
>=20
> I have tried various terminal ID's, etc. but to no
> avail. I know a similar question has come up on the
> list recently, but I have tried setting both my
> terminals to VT100 ID without success.

yes, i had this same problem a week ago with VT420 terminal connected to
MicroVAX 3100/M10e and it must be set to VT100 mode and VT100 ID to work
well with NetBSD or OpenBSD. did you try to change the mode too, not
only ID? i can send you complete configuration of my VT420 if this
wouldn't work for you.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=