Subject: Re: God loves the VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2002 12:30:47
On  8 Feb, Chuck McManis wrote:

> But 4000/90's, while not exactly rare, are rarely cheap.
That is the reason why I ePayed a /90 board last night for EUR 26,50 to
upgrade my /60.

> Turns out it is actually a 4000/90A rather than a 4000/90. Further, it has
> a couple of RZ26's (1 GB each) ,a licensed copy of VMS still installed
> (user data is wiped so someone was "nice" about decommissioning it), and
> 128MB of RAM.
Very nice config!

> 	2) I need a VMS program that can dump the flash into a binary file
As already mentioned this can be done with the PROM too. I used this
once to extract the PROM of my VS2k. We needed this to apply the VS2k
SCSI boot patch... When the /90 board arrives here I will upgrade my
/60 (I hope that this is possible...) and dump the PROM of it and my
already NetBSD running /90. So we will have some other PROMs to compare
soon.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen