Subject: Re: God loves the VAX
To: Hugh Graham <hugh@openbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2002 21:29:14
Thanks Hugh, good info as always.

As it turns out, the new one has a header banner that says
         KA49-A V1.3-0BC-V4.4   83 MHZ
and one has a header that says
         KA49-A V1.0-006-V4.0
So I'm still guessing the new one is a VS4K/90A, and even if they are both
4000/90's the version number on the new one is later than that of the older
one.

At 07:32 PM 2/8/02 -0800, Hugh Graham wrote:
>I believe the probe most suspected to have been responsible was dz
>at 0x200a0000 (apparently towards of the end of the 512KB firmware on
>these machines), and avoiding writing there on NVAX's seems prudent
>whether it turns out to have been responsible or not!

While its giving my terminal server a workout...

If the monitor does begin at 20040000 then it ends at 200C0000 !!
And any write into 200Axxxx would definitely modify the monitor.

--Chuck