Subject: Re: DECserver 300 software
To: Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2002 02:04:33
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Adam Kranzel wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I've recently aquired a DECserver 300, and am having no luck at all
> finding the software for it.  I found a thread from a few years ago (April
> 2000) giving me the filename (SH1601ENG.SYS) but can't seem to find this
> file anywhere on the net.  Does anyone have an idea where to find it?  If
> it's on a cd set of some sort that I have to purchase that's not a
> problem, this is a work-related exercise :)

Well, the file is probably purchaseable from COMPAQ...

On MAGICA::

.dsp [5,54]sh1601eng.sys

DU:[5,54]SH1601ENG.SYS;1
                        Size:    388./388.       Created: 23-NOV-1989 16:18
                        Owner:   [001,112]       Revised: 23-NOV-1989 16:18
                        File ID: (6666,4,0)      Expires: <none_specified>
  File protection:      System:RWED, Owner:RWED, Group:RWED, World:R
  File organization:    Sequential
  File attributes:      Allocation=388, Extend=0
  Record format:        Fixed length 512 byte records
  Record attributes:    None

I guess letting that file out can't be much of a license break, since you
need the hardware to use it.

You'll have to figure out how you'll get it out from there... :-)

If anyone thinks differently, let me know...

	Johnny