Subject: finale on Boeing Surplus SGI boxes was RE: netbsd/vax newbie experiences and questions
To: 'Dan Baker' <wysoft@extremecode.org>
From: Jan Gray <jsgray@acm.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/2002 22:33:51
My last words on this topic (on this list).

> In any event, I'm headed back down to Boeing Surplus
> tomorrow, with a friend, I hope.  I'm going to take a closer
> look -- on Saturday I was in a big hurry -- I may pick one up
> (*) and will report back with what's there.

Sorry, I may have been mistaken on the deskside machines.  The one that
was left today was an Onyx Reality Engine^2, NOT Infinite Reality.  It's
mine now.  I have found that it has 2xR4400 @ 250 MHz, 512 MB RAM (I
think), an RE^2 board set, and a lot of empty space, empty drive bays,
no cables, media, or docs, but hopefully some potential.

Remaining on the sales floor were a couple of teal and purple Indigo2s
(beat up).  I observed other SGI machines back in the (off-limits)
"warehouse", but it is anyone's guess when these are promoted to the
sales floor.  (Note: please don't ask me to pick up anything.)

Jan Gray