Subject: RE: A KFQSA, an RF71, and NetBSD (with a little VMS)
To: 'Chuck Dickman' , vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/2002 15:11:18
> Chuck Dickman wrote:
>
	>Next use VMS.... Now I have OpenVMS on an MSCP SCSI adapter
attached
	>drive running in an MV2. I have the KFQSA and the RF71 all hooked
up,
	>but I cannot seem to gain access to the drive controllers.
	>
	>All the references say to do something like
	>
	>$SET HOST/DUP/SERVER=MSCP$DUP/TASK=DIRECT <node>
	>
	>What is node?

	It's a cluster node. If you ever used the old
	HSCs then just remember that each
	RF drive  is an HSC with one disk
	hanging off it. Or if you never used
	an HSC, then each RF drive is a full
	cluster node whose sole purpose in
	life is to serve one disk.

	$ SHOW CLUSTER

	should show you all the cluster members.
	Your disk is one of the ones you didn't
	know you had :-) Quite possibly with the
	oddball default name that no sane
	human wouild ever choose (assuming
	noone has ever set its nodename).

	BTW "PARAMS" is what you want for mangling
	the node name and generally making the disk
	inaccessible ...

	Antonio