Subject: Re: 4000/90 Questions
To: Dan Williams <danwilliams@danwilliams.co.uk>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/2002 13:43:10
Hi !

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Dan Williams wrote:
> I haven't been able to find much information about the 4000/90, compared to
> the 3100. Is there still the 1gb limit on hard drives on theses machines,
> and do they also need the same cd rom drives as the 3100

The 4000/90 is quite modern, very fast and just makes fun. 1GB limit can't be
true, and if so, it just limits the size of the root partition. I have /90s
running with 2 gig drives, and the comparable VAX 4000/105A runs with a 4,5 GB
drive here without problems. CD-ROM... okay, VAXen don't go with every CD-ROM,
but as i saw on my 4000VLC (also with 2 GB drive), old Toshiba drives work fine
for installing VMS on them. In NetBSD you don't get any problems, if you
install via network, as NetBSD uses it's own CD-ROM drivers.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX