Subject: A very large THANK YOU to the NetBSD-VAX guys
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Sell <msell@ontimesupport.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 22:46:29
To all of you who made NetBSD possible on the VAX:

"Thank you very much!"

I burned an ISO image of the VAX NetBSD distro today, and the installation
was FLAWLESS. I installed version 1.5.2 on a MicroVax 3100 from a DEC
RRD-43 CD-ROM and the installation was great. No problems, clear, consise
menu options, no errors or crashes. It went in, rebooted, and I have it
running as we speak.

What a refreshing change from a day of fighting MS Windows at the office. I
actually couldn't wait to get home to try this out. I was very excited.

Well, guys, you did a fantastic job! I would also like to thank Chuck
McManis, Brian Chase, Mats O Jansson, and John Klos for their help, online
and off, for insight into the boot process. I also ordered about 50 lbs or
so of books today relating to VAX internals and assembly language.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more than just boot error messages soon.

Again - thanks guys. Good job.

         - Matt

Matthew Sell
Programmer
On Time Support, Inc.
www.ontimesupport.com
(281) 296-6066

Join the Metrology Software discussion group METLIST!
http://www.ontimesupport.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad

Many thanks for this tagline to a fellow RGVAC'er...