Subject: Re: [LV] Latest Kernel Builds - not happy on any of my
To: Matthew Sell <msell@ontimesupport.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 11:22:15
At 09:47 AM 1/29/02, Matthew Sell wrote:
>The 4000-500A is my VMS machine. The others don't have an OS installed.

Ok, so you could try to cluster in the M76 to see if it works right?

>The fact that they all fail to somewhat start the boot process is what
>makes be think that I was messing something stupid up on my end.
>
>Of course, MOP loading the NetBSD kernel was kinda stupid - but that
>wasn't the problem.

Well, first things would be to verify that the system actually works and
has memory etc. Next I'd stick with the 3100/M76 if I were you since that
is one of the machines that Linux kernels presumably support.

>I got a message from one of the Linux guys that had more detailed
>information on what to expect in the logs, and some more sample
>configuration files.
>
>Tonight I'm going to sit down with the 3100 M76 and a cold beer and try
>all of this again from start to finish. I'm sure it's something dumb on my
>end.....

Well, the previously referenced links to the documentation are pretty
clear, just watch out for pre-conceived notions on how it "should" work :-)

--Chuck