Subject: Re: I *must* be doing something really wrong, stupid, or both......
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 10:30:08
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, M J Dowden wrote:
> At 1:42 AM -0600 1/29/2002, Matthew Sell wrote:

> > I was confusing the Linux and NetBSD procedures. The Linux procedure
> > downloads the kernel via MOP, and NetBSD downloads a bootloader.
>
>      You do have the RAM kernel, right? boot.mop should send
> netbsd.ram to the bootclient, not the regular kernel.

Yeah, that would be if he were trying to netboot to the installation
kernel image for NetBSD/vax.  If he were wanted to install NetBSD on a
local SCSI disk, he'd use the 'netbsd.ram' kernel.  I'm under the
impression that Matthew just wants to run the system as a diskless
client, in which case using the 'netbsd' kernel is the right thing
to do.

-brian.