Subject: Re: I *must* be doing something really wrong, stupid, or
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Sell <msell@ontimesupport.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 08:38:42
Mats,

Okay - that puts a suspicion of mine to rest. Thanks for the insight!

         - Matt

At 10:31 AM 1/29/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Matthew Sell wrote:
>
> > If this is just a bootloader - then my gut instinct is that the "hostname:
> > [ipc] len: 3" is indicating a problem.... No hostname? One was set for it
> > in DHCP.
>
>You don't have to care about the hostname line. It's just some code that
>never got written. One of the last packets (PLT, Parameter load with
>transfer address) sends information about the host that assisted in the
>load. Name, hw-address and time. When I wrote the code many years ago
>i did it on a Sun/IPC running NetBSD and it had the hostname ipc :-)
>I noticed some years ago that the hostname was still hardcoded but didn't
>do anything about it. I can't remember any equipment ever using that
>information...
>
>-moj
>
> > Thanks for your insight.
> >

> >          - Matt

Matthew Sell
Programmer
On Time Support, Inc.
www.ontimesupport.com
(281) 296-6066

Join the Metrology Software discussion group METLIST!
http://www.ontimesupport.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad

Many thanks for this tagline to a fellow RGVAC'er...